DreamScapes MUD

DreamScapes MUD: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> Getting Started
Message Author
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:54 am  

Could someone put the record straight with dirt fling and entering 'dig' many times before attempting to dirt something.

Does it actually help?

Theoretically it would make sense that a completed dig proceedure would "create" some dirt to use with dirt fling ... but does it actually work that way?

Please set the record straight ... a lot of "digging" going on as is Mr. Green

Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:21 am  

Dig has no effect as far as I am aware.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:31 pm  

Romalith wrote:
Dig has no effect as far as I am aware.

If if does not I would like to see that implemented.. Cause it makes dirters feel like the are actively doing something to increase the odds of dirting when there is no dirt.

What would you do?
Me?
DIG

Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:10 pm  

It would make sense to make it to where if you dig, dirt is made and makes dirt fling easier to be successful. So, perhaps if it could be implemented, but if not, I don't suppose it is a big deal, but would be convenient...

-Wyndsdale

Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:07 pm  

What do you mean make dirt more successful? If you fail, it's just as easy to retype dirt 'creature' or if you use pueblo, up arrow key then enter. As for making dig a skill that helps dirt in a 'more RP way' consier this: You can dig on the first floor (second floor outside europe) of buildings when ground level is 8' to 10' below you. You can also dig in stone buildings. How is that RP?

Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:08 am  

I'm not sure how necessary it would be to code this, in my opinion it would come right at the very bottom of the scale of things to do.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:29 pm  

Romalith wrote:
I'm not sure how necessary it would be to code this, in my opinion it would come right at the very bottom of the scale of things to do.

Couldnt agree more. Just a suggestion.

Savaots wrote:
As for making dig a skill that helps dirt in a 'more RP way' consier this: You can dig on the first floor (second floor outside europe) of buildings when ground level is 8' to 10' below you. You can also dig in stone buildings. How is that RP?

RP is strongly encouraged, because it is nearly impossible to force players to RP through the use of coding. This being said, RP is a matter of trust in the RL person to Role Play. Most people on DS may throw hints or outright statements to those who dont RP or are in some other way taking something away from the RPing experience. This action would again happen here, I believe, to discourage it while in the presence of others.

Also I am sure that the original intent of "dirt" was to see someone getting blinded or heavily distracted as would be in real life. Does that mean that only earth can be used? Now I'm not suggesting in the least bit that code be made to include any other form of disracting material known to man, but that it stay "dust ". But digging up anything will cause some byproduct that could be thrown into someones eyes to cause the same effect. I, as would most others I know, would see this as an exciting addition to RPing fun. Wouldnt you?

As a side note, Digging is done in several rooms that are not ground level or just dirt. Some quests require you to dig up flooring of various kinds at verying heights above the ground.

Anonymous

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> Getting Started

View next topic
View previous topic