DreamScapes MUD

DreamScapes MUD: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> DreamScapes MMORPG
Message Author
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:34 pm  

Over time, I have come to believe that experience on Dreamscapes is in part dependant on the look of it. While the game itself (areas and monsters) are coloured very nicely (appropriately and appealing, almost always at least Razz ) a rather significant part of what we constantly see on the screen are our prompts Exclamation

After trying a friend's prompt my visual experience seemed to change so much as to have a feel of playing a new game ... In any case, I thought maybe some of you would like to share your prompts as well as try someone elses. My idea behind this is not to brag or criticize (so please don't), but rather invite you all to have fun with all of this ... Razz

So, here is mine:

&cOpponent&X:&B%o&X/&cAlly&X:&B&n%t%_&X(&r%h&X)(&R%ph&X)(&c%m&X)(&C%pm&X)(&g%v&X)(&G%pv&X)(&y%g&X)(&M%X&X)&n>

Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:11 pm  

Still don't understand your need to have opponent on there..*hugs her autodiagnose*

Anyhoot, here's mine. Always has been (with little adjustments here and there) and always will be. Very Happy

prompt &c<&C%ph&chp> <&C%pm&cmana> <&C%pv&cmove> <&C%g&cgold> <&C%X&ctnl> %tAlly-&n

Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:18 pm  

*laughs* Mine is kinda simple..

&R%ph &G%pv &M%X&n

I don't really need more.. Razz

Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:56 pm  

Health(%ph) Mana(%m) Moves(%v) TNL(%X)

Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:45 pm  

mine is universal, works on most mudd's, but i designed mine using Dreamscape.

prompt %hhp %mm %vmv %g/%Ggp %Xxp>>

Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:53 pm  

I have to know everything at the same time, and so when I came up with mine a while ago, I kept that in mind. Mine is long, but it suits my purposes and I don't think I could handle being without it, although it has been known to draw attention to itself and make people wonder how I play the game..

prompt &RHe&ra&Rl&rt&Rh&G(&R%Ph&G) &mM&Ma&mn&Ma&G(&M%Pm&G) &YMo&yve&Ys&G(&Y%Pv&G) &b%_T&Bn&bl&c(&B%X&c) &yHa&Yn&yd&c(&y%g&c) &gBa&Gn&gk&c(&g%G&c) &W

Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:58 pm  

mines pretty simple. I just basically coppied the display 2 prompt, took out mana, (what rogue needs mana?) added xp tnl and gold on hand/in bank. oh yeah. colored it a little differently, and changed all the conditional readings to be represented in percentiles instead of word descriptions.

prompt &cOpponent:&B%O&r &W/ &cAlly:%T&r%_&r(&R%ph&r)&Rhealth&g(&G%pv&g)&Gmove&y(&Y%g&
y/&Y%G&y)&Ygold&X(&w%X&X)&n

oh yeah. the purpose of having auto-diagnose on and having opponent condition displayed is to more accurately guage the condition of your opponent using both informational tools.

enjoy. Smile

Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:36 am  

I like to keep my prompt simple so that it doesn't interfere with the rest of the game if I'm not going to be specifically looking at it, but it still gives me some information.

prompt %h hp/%m mn/%v mv/$%G/%Xexp>

Hey, I SAID it was plain. Suits me better than any long fancy ones, though, I've found.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:37 am  

Wow. I never knew there was so much to know. Mine is the simplest so far. Don't really care to know alot of the stuff you guys seem to care about.

Prompt %h %v %X

Hit points, movement, tnl. All I need.

Love and anarachistic cyborg monkeys,
Mark

Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:38 am  

I think mine is rather simple, but it can be a bit spammy sometimes. It can be really fun to use when you are in a group and you are fighting a mob with a really long name, as it can cause the prompt to bleed, coloring everything a nice shade!

&GA&glly&w: &r%t &RE&rnemy&w: &r%o%_&RHp&w: (&r%h&w:&r%ph&w) &CMp&w: (&c%m&w:&c%pm&w) &GMv&w: (&g%v&w:&g%pv&w) &nTNL: %X xp

And. There. You. Go.

Ranlin A.K.A. Jeff

Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:00 pm  

Hmm i just use the basic prompt nothing fancy for me

Anonymous

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> DreamScapes MMORPG

View next topic
View previous topic