DreamScapes MUD

DreamScapes MUD: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> Getting Started
Message Author
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:09 pm  

1. Light sources: I've got a brass lantern, but I need fuel for it. However, I cannot seem to find a merchant that sells it. Where do I go? Of course there are better light sources, but for some reason, I like the idea of a lantern as part of my character's choice of illumination for now. In the spirit of RP, I would like to play my character's personality as a guy who prefers traditional methods whenever possible, steering away from relying too much on magic.

2. Since I cannot repair my own weapons and armor, yet, where can I go to get that done?

3. I do not have the ability to use potions. Sadly, I found this out after Aikmen generously gave me a bag full of them (I still have it, by the way!). Do I gain the ability to use potions at a certain rank/circle, or is that something I have to take care of elsewhere?

4. Potions aside, what other methods of self-healing can I use since I have no magic yet? I was hoping to see bandages or herbs in the General Store, but no luck.

I've gotten tons of help in game from many of you, and thank you all for that. So, any other advice or "must know" info for being a Grey Paladin anyone can offer up is welcome, as well. After I go through it and see what's what, I'd love to eventually put together a comprehensive guide for new GPs, should any more show up.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:52 pm  

1. One of the general stores sells it, I believe the one in Kelrath may sell oil or fuel or some such. Maybe that was Diablous though...anyway, I will go see if I can find that out.

2. Repair is one of the earliest skills many people get after their combat skills. There isn't a merchant per se, but if you ask players they should do it no problem. Perhaps some coin or some such will loosen them up.

3. Anyone can use potions, simply type hold potion and then type quaff potion to use them.

4. I believe Grey Paladins get layhands, a healing spell, pretty early on or cure light or some such. Beyond that, and potions, there are the healers in each temple of the Gods. If you type heal, they will give you a list of their services.

5. Grey Paladins, and neutrality in general, can be one of the toughest skillsets to progress in early on. They pay off huge dividends later though in allowing you versatility in choosing locations to hunt.

A brief guide on locations to hunt early on :

For your first twenty ranks or so, you're gonna want to hit the arena directly beneath the Kelrath fountain. Once you feel like you've mastered the fourth floor move further south from the fountain and deep into the Centaur Woods southwest of Kelrath. Powerful Centaurs there are good to cut your teeth on and have some equipment you may use. Beware the brown centaurs though, they are a bit stronger.

Once you've grinded that out and can face brown centaurs easily, and sell all that centaur loot to pad your bank, move deeper into the Woods and try and find Chiros. While some don't have the stomach to kill the boys and girls there, villagers can be a good resource to train on as well. Beware the shoppers though, they can be a little vicious.

After you're comfortable with shoppers, try the recluse or Adura or the drunk. Chiros will be your home for some time.

The more expedient path may be to play on your ethos and maximize battle experience by swinging your alignment between good and evil. This would take you to Sehaelas or Elven treetops and to Diablous. I'm not very familiar with this method though, perhaps someone can help.

Anyway, just some stuff.

*cough*

Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:27 pm  

Quaff. Blah, I can't believe I didn't try that!

As far as I can tell, no vendor in Keltrath sells the lantern fuel, unless I'm missing it somehow, and that may be the case.

Good notes on the hunting grounds. The fourth floor of the Arena is getting a little too easy, so I was debating where to go next. I'm also trying to work my way through Borack's quests, but I'm super unfamiliar with how to get to the areas most of them are in, so I'm waiting until I'm higher level to feel safe wandering/exploring to see what's where. I love how expansive the world seems, though, knowing that there's lots to check out when I'm ready.

Thanks again!

Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:21 am  

For the lantern you just hold it and it lights. It already has it's fuel. It will run out, then you need to buy a new lantern.... which we should look at making it so you can refuel them now the subject is raised Smile

Implementor of DreamScapes 2 
Melleth

Implementor
Implementor

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:21 pm  

There is a priest spell called refuel which refuel's light sources based on the priest's level modifier.

Anonymous

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> Getting Started

View next topic
View previous topic