DreamScapes MUD

DreamScapes MUD: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> Getting Started
Message Author
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:53 am  

I remember long ago early in Dreamscapes, there were some zMUD made maps posted on the old website. (I can hardly remember what the old site looked like anymore.) Anyhow, I recently downloaded a 30day trial for zmapper from the zMUD home site. I am planning on making maps of Keltrath, Diabolus, Sehaelas, Tyr, and Lasentrop.

I have no urge to map the rest of the game, but I believe the major cities need to be mapped out and available for newer players. (Melleth, if you would like to save and post these maps for official use, or if anyone else would like to elaborate on these maps, feel free.)

Here is my first map, the city of Keltrath. (I didn't map the sulonna, the garden, or the woods south of keltrath, better left to the players to explore.)

Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:43 am  

Diabolus map complete! Again I want to stress these are the most basic of maps, designed to help new players learn their way around.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:44 am  

Sehaelas map!

(coming soon)

Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:45 am  

Tyr map!

Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:44 am; edited 1 time in total 
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:45 am  

Lasentrop map!

Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:56 am  

These are great Pibb! I like this recent trend of mapmaking and storytelling. The great names from ages past became great by doing things just like this...building a world, not just playing in it. Let us hear your story, let us enjoy your interests with you and we will all be better for it.

Well done, Pibb!

Anderion Sel, the Sable Rose, Grand~Master Merchant

Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:13 am  

Brilliant work. I moved the thread to the Getting Started forum and made it sticky (so it will always be at the top of the forum).

Implementor of DreamScapes 2 
Melleth

Implementor
Implementor

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:59 pm  

Bump. More maps ftw! =D

Lelarion

Assistant Implementor
Assistant Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:18 pm  

I need to find another computer to download the zMapper trial to finish up Sehaelas. The only other city I might do is Holy City.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:41 pm  

*lights fire to the Holy City*

I eagerly await this map - hopefully you have more luck than me. *laughs*

Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:46 pm  

I've actually tried before. The only zMapper prog they have is some CG editing tool. I'll just download the trial on my girlfriends laptop and get after it. The Holy City map would be more of an aide to keep unfamiliar players from wandering into the wrong part of town and getting "gang-banged". There are a few locked doors in the area that I have never been able to open, so it won't be 100%, but it will help people find which part of town they should be in. I probably won't map the quest mob locations, because that would make things too easy, but it should help anyway.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:02 pm  

I'd say just map each location according to Deity or ethos, that should be good enough. Keep new Light Paladins from wandering into the Belial part of town, haha.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:08 am  

I remember when I first started DS, getting lost was frequent and devestating. I imagine recall was one of the reasons I preferred Priests, lol. This would have been immensely helpful. It's great to see that people are still innovating and investing in the game. Hope to see more people up and about Smile

Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:53 am  

im very happy to see this again. i can still remember the maps as they were long ago, and i think you did a great job on the new maps. as to not give away too much information and also give enough to help newcomers.

ds is clearly not as newbie friendly as it used to be, but things like this can definitely change that.

good job!
-Aikmen

Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:24 pm  

bump for new players! use maps, they help!

Anonymous

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> Getting Started

View next topic
View previous topic