DreamScapes MUD

DreamScapes MUD: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> DreamScapes MMORPG
Message Author
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:36 am  

I'm in the process of creating a quest that revolves around stories that actually happened in the world of DS. If you have any stories to share with our players (both old and new) please private message me with your submission. I have only a couple of guidelines:
    *Do not include dialogue. Tell the story as if you were telling someone irl, I'll worry about adapting it to the mob's speaking style.
    *Try to keep as close to the truth as possible. I'm not looking for stories that grossly exaggerate any one player's abilities or influence when they actually didn't do much of anything.
    *It must have actually happened in either DS 1, 1.5 or 2. Yes, 2. This quest will be updated once every few months depending on need to include any new stories that may take place, so don't feel as though you dont have anything to contribute if you weren't around "way back when".
    *The story can be about ANYTHING. It can be about wars, romances, adventures, intrigues, it can be known to everyone or just to the two or three people who took part in it. Whatever, it doesn't matter. It just has to have actually happened.

And yes. The story can be about your current or previous characters. This quest is meant to provide the realm with a living library of DS history and to show that anyone can become a solid part of it (and get you some nice gear to boot!)

That being said, if anyone has any stories they'd like seen in this quest, please private message them to me through this website.

Thanks for your help!
Nat.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:07 am  

Since we are looking to create a sense of history here on DS, I think it's high time we came up with a name for the general country we call "The Realm". It would encompas the WHOLE thing from The Dark Forest near Diablos, to the Orc Camp, to Myshaud, and all points in between.

This idea was suggested before and wasn't paid much mind...

BUT "The Realm" is too vague and generic to create the historic value we are looking for.

So cook up ideas for the name of our country as well.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:19 pm  

Hmm... a suggestion by me to get the ball rolling...

Kaima

"Sleep" in Elvish. Get it... Sleep....DreamScapes?

Kaima (Ca-eye-ma)

Easy to type, also, which is uncommon for Elvish...

What do you guys think?

Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:05 am  

I like it Ciroth, nice idea.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:43 am  

Indeed. Way to use your noodle Cool

Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:39 am  

Sorry, don't like the way that sounds. I'll stick with the Realm for now. =P

Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:59 pm  

If you don't like the way it sounds, why not suggest your own idea?

Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:09 am  

I have no other ideas, but that doesn't prohibit me from not liking the suggested ones of course.

I'm fine with the Realm. If you want to name it, do so ICly. Maybe Elves will call it differently than Dwarves. Maybe adventurers from the south have a different name for it than those from the north.

It's another RP opportunity.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:52 pm  

I see where you're coming from... But I disagree that there will be a word for the country of DS for every language and region...

In other languages around the world a country's name is still that name. There isn't a Japanese word for Russia, and there isn't a French word for Spain.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:30 pm  

Espania?

Allemande?

Angleterre?

etc. etc.

Implementor of DreamScapes 2 
Melleth

Implementor
Implementor

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:34 pm  

Ciroth wrote:

In other languages around the world a country's name is still that name. There isn't a Japanese word for Russia, and there isn't a French word for Spain.

Yes, actually, each language does have it's own version of a country's name...

I agree with Adun that each race would have it's own term for the realm. Linguistics reflect a lot on the culture of a people, so I believe that it would make sense for there to be different words.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:40 pm  

Quote:
In other languages around the world a country's name is still that name.

Did you seriously think Spanish people call their country 'Spain'? Or the planet 'Earth'? =P

Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:04 am  

Overkill. Melleth already pointed this out quite clearly.

Back to the reason for the post, please. Does anyone have any stories or not? If not, then there shouldn't be any more complaining about how there's no sense of history in the realm, as this is everyone's big chance to get that history out there.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:13 am  

Right. I've got lots of history taken down, but it's prolly not what people need to/want to know...

Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:14 pm  

Send it anyways.

Anonymous

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> DreamScapes MMORPG

View next topic
View previous topic