DreamScapes MUD

DreamScapes MUD: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> DreamScapes MMORPG
Message Author
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:34 pm  

Thank you Melleth. I'm sure this will help somewhat, but the problem is that there are too few hunting grounds to spread out the faction disfavor. A DP will still have to take out Diabolus in order to fix his standing with Sehaelas even slightly, for example. because of how factions work, this problem even negates the RP reasoning behind this change.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:06 pm  

I'm hunting Diab to try to get a good standing in Sehaelas, and I'm finding that most mobs don't have a faction assigned. I've killed KNIGHTS that don't change my faction. Could more mobs be made to have standing with Diab, please?

The black knight makes a strange sound but is suddenly very silent as you place a silver stiletto
in his back.
The black knight is bleeding awfully from big wounds.
The black knight is dead! R.I.P.
You receive 8775 experience points.
Your blood freezes as you hear the black knight's death cry.
You laugh as you sever the black knight's rear end!
You get a small pile of gold coins from the corpse of the black knight.
There were 197 coins.
You sacrifice the corpse of the black knight to Ahandora.
You have gained favor with Ahandora.
Ahandora is pleased with your actions

and

An emissary of Belial starts chanting...
An emissary of Belial hits you very hard on your left leg which slightly wounds you.
You pierce an emissary of Belial rather hard on her torso which totally ANNIHILATES her!!
An emissary of Belial is in awful condition.
You pierce an emissary of Belial very hard on her torso which totally ANNIHILATES her!!
An emissary of Belial is bleeding awfully from big wounds.
An emissary of Belial is dead! R.I.P.
You receive 19170 experience points.
Your blood freezes as you hear an emissary of Belial's death cry.
You get a small pile of gold coins from the corpse of an emissary of Belial.
There were 180 coins.
You sacrifice the corpse of an emissary of Belial to Ahandora.
You have gained favor with Ahandora.
Ahandora is pleased with your actions.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:25 pm  

You guys continue to crack me up Razz

Diablous is the evil city
Anyone good SHOULD have a hell of a time hunting there.
Vice Versa with Sehaelas.

Bout damn time for the fix imo.

I completely agree with this, its logical and makes people rely on classes instead of numbers and ranks Shocked

Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:44 pm  

I agree with you arken that it does make people rely on classes yet most times when i log on there is just a few people around and usually not a priest so what then? does that mean i just cant hunt, also i believe it was tarris who said whats the point of having the healers in the cities since if you need to use them most likely you are hunting there and if your hunting there you are an enemy(or will be shortly), and when your an enemy you cannot use the healer.

What im trying to say i guess is that I agree this change makes RP sense yet at this stage this change is just not feasible, with this small of a playerbase.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:13 pm  

Tarris wrote:
I'm hunting Diab to try to get a good standing in Sehaelas, and I'm finding that most mobs don't have a faction assigned. I've killed KNIGHTS that don't change my faction. Could more mobs be made to have standing with Diab, please?

See, part of the problem is when you make a kill, the faction doesn't always notice it. So wasting time from your normal hunt to fix your faction is compounded by the fact you may have to clear the city just to get a few points of standing. The knights and the emisarries ARE part of the Diablous faction, but you won't always raise/lower standing with every kill.

Complete and total waste of time.

From an RP stand point, why should the healers CARE you're killing their city? You're a paying custimer which goes back into the city, right? They'll use it to hire more knights. Consumerism wins again.

Why are we being expected to RP with NPCs anyway? Or at least base RP around them? It's absurd.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:13 pm  

Tarris wrote:

In this case, the problems this causes actually hurts RP rather than enhance it. LPs will have to hunt Sehaelas in order to kill in Diabolus without a priest. DPs will have to take out Diab in order to take out Sehaelas. Good will have to stray by killing good just so they can take out bad. Seriously, unless all you ever hunt are lasen guards and zombies, you can't RP your way around this change at all.

Quote:
You are an enemy of the City of Lasentrop. I do not serve your kind!

You can't even hunt in Lasentrop for that matter. I agree that this is not the right time to implement something like this. I have tried multiple things to fix my faction standing with the city of lasentrop. According to the faction listings the goblins and the lasen graveyard are enemies of lasentrop. I have hunted an insane amount of both of these places and my faction standing with lasentrop has not changed a bit.

If this is going to be implemented then all the factions need to fixed. So that it is possible to get all neutral standings again. This would require opposing factions to actually change standings and also for all mobs of that faction to change the standing.

I agree this should be put in once the playerbase is large enough. But as of right now it just doesn't work.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:16 pm  

The faction restrictions has been removed from Hasrik and Maraenna. The others remain in place because the factions in those cities are working fine and standing can be recovered fairly easily.

Athanar

Assistant Implementor
Assistant Implementor

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:38 pm  

Thanks Ath, but I think this should also be done for the priestess in Lasentrop.

//Aikmen\

Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:01 am  

I agree with Aikmen. A group consisting of Evelana, Izlix, and myself cleaned out the Lasentrop graveyard. Only two of the zombies had a message stating that my faction standing with the city had improved. If I remember correctly this is the same situation with regards to the swamp goblins. Not to mention there are only two or three goblins in that swamp. I think the restriction should be removed in Lasen.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:03 am  

Thanks for changing Sehaelas and Diabolus, Athanar!

Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:37 am  

I need my Lasen! Shocked and where are those spectral pirates...?

Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:50 am  

From all that I'm seeing and reading, I just see a bunch of people whining about not wanting to bother to fix factions, but, instead, just concentrate on getting levels, and better equipment.

Factions are a big part of roleplay. And, as for this...

Quote:
From an RP stand point, why should the healers CARE you're killing their city?

Thats just...wow. I dont even want to take the time to explain that one. That should just be common sense.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:13 am  

Factions ARE a big part of roleplay. How a DP taking out Diabolus so that he can hunt without a healer in Sehaelas (the place he's actually SUPPOSED to hunt in RPwise) because there just aren't enough priests to go around is supposed to be GOOD RP is something I just can't comprehend.

The game can't support this feature right now. It doesn't enhance RP, it makes RP turn ridiculous. If we had tons of priests, then maybe (though I still don't think that any feature that will inhibit a player from soloing is a necessarily good feature).

I'm just glad the IMMs were listening and took it out. Thanks again! Smile

Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:11 pm  

Sance wrote:

Ciroth wrote:
From an RP stand point, why should the healers CARE you're killing their city?

Thats just...wow. I dont even want to take the time to explain that one. That should just be common sense.

The reason I said that is because the Healers aren't there to defend the city like the knights are, they are there almost specifically to aide the players. I can see them caring if their DIETY was being attacked, because that's who they really take their orders from anyway.

Kinda like how Colonel Kurtz took HIS orders from the jungle.

Savvy?

Nikolas wrote:
and where are those spectral pirates...?

I'd like to know that myself. I think somebody made them up. Has ANYBODY even SEEN one?

Last edited by Anonymous on Wed May 09, 2007 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:15 pm  

i think someone said they rifted one once, but thats all. I wonder if they have some cool gear, i wouldnt mind being decked out like a pirate, YARRRRR!

Anonymous

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> DreamScapes MMORPG

View next topic
View previous topic