DreamScapes MUD

DreamScapes MUD: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> General Chatter
Message Author
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:50 am  

Ever since I could reach the controller in the arcade, during the early 80's, I have died millions of times. I have killed billions of times. I have driven or flown, thousands of miles. If you add up all the levels I've earned over the last 24 years, my level is 665,272,437 and I just need one more Tomberry for a level up. I have spent hundreds of dollars in the arcades. I've gone from begging my mom for "one more quarter" to spending allowance, to spending part of my paycheck. I've spent thousands of dollars on home consoles, and the games over the years. I have gone from constantly dying, and being confused as to what to do next, to living for damn ever, and being able to eye puzzles and knowing parts of the solution right away.

I have litterally grown up with Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, Samus, Link, Zelda, Gannondorf, Navi and Tati, the Final Fantasy gang. I've probably spent more time with them then my actual family. They ARE my family. Mario taught me speed, timing, the importance of placement, and distance judgement. Samus taught me to be thorugh, search every corner, explore those suspisous areas, and which beam will get me out of here. Link taught me problem solving, and multi tasking. The Final Fantasy gang taught me about teamwork, about how overwelming odds means NOTHING, and to talk to everybody you meet.

I have been shot, stabbed, slashed, set on fire, crushed, fallen down pits, impaled, blown apart, beaten to death, run over, eaten, swallowed whole, hit so hard I flew off the screen, buried alive, decapated with a chainsaw, and a couple times, pecked to death by Cuccos. But, I have learned death is just an annoyance. A set back to be overcome. I WILL be back, and I WILL destroy the obsticle in my way, no matter, who, or what it is. I've even killed death herself. Skorn still fetches my Hot Coffee. Tingle still sells me maps. With the controller in my hands I can do anything. I can run at top speed, jump over insane gaps, and make it alive. I can operate any vehicle, I can fire any weapon. I can ride horses, chocobos, and mortorcycles. I am a professional at any sport. I am a racecar driver. I am a lawyer; I am a doctor. I can shoot an arrow hundreds of yards, I can throw a gernade with superb accurcay with my left hand, I can breath underwater, and I kill god-like beings, because I myself am god-like. With the controller in my hand I AM Mario, Luigi, Link, Samus, Fighter, Thief, Black Mage, White Mage, Cloud, Zidane, Stiener, Vivi, Aerith, Tifa, Yuffie, Freya, Quina, Beatrix, Sora, Bowser, Roy, Marth, Crash, Ractchet, Leonardo, Donatello, Michaelangelo, Rapheal, and Master friggen Chief. Without me, they would just stand there, until day turns to night, and back into day, they would just take the hail of bullets being fired at them, they would be slashed and kicked mercilessly. A level 2 Cloud will NOT kill Sephiroth. I must guide Cloud and get him to a point where he can. If you want to find me, just follow the trail of dead bodies, just be quick because they tend to disapear.

I have saved the Mushroom Kingdom five times. I have saved Hyrule five times. I have saved Hyrule's surronding terriroties another four times. In September I will be doing it again. I have saved the world countless times, although it's gotten pretty beat up in the process. I have been in the Matrix, I have even been Neo. I have watched Aerith die four times in my life. It hasn't gotten easier. I have been in space, I have been to other worlds. I travel freely from the Light World to the Dark World. Bowser, Safer Sephiroth, Trance Kuja, Gannondorf, Skorn, The Coveniant, and The Flood, have all fallen before me. I have shot, blown up, and beat the crap out of my friends. If I don't they will wail on me without mercy. I have grouped with absolute strangers to kill dragons. During those brief, chaotic moments, my life was in their hands, and their's in mine. If they died, I felt pain, anger, and regret. If I died, they felt it too. But when it was over, we might never see each other again, or we might become friends. With the controller in my hand, I am Jack's favorite combo, I am a god. I don't sleep. I feel no pain, I can't be reasoned and I will NOT be a memory.

After all the close calls, the narrow escapes, the half-blind shots that actually hit their mark. I have felt just as much emotion than I have from books, movies, and real life. I carry memories, both pleasent and bitter from my years of Gaming. I have heard overworld themes thousands of times. Battle songs hundreds of thousands of times. Character themes hundreds of times. Dungeon, and boss themes. All this has done has ethced them into my mind, and heart. But I still hate "Big Empty" by STP for the same reason. Contra, Ice Climbers, Golden Ax, Night Trap, Mario Bros. Mario Kart, Luigi's Mansion, Super Smash Bros. Dragon's Lair, Dragon Quest, Quest 64, Castlevania, Xenosaga, Viewtiful Joe, Gauntlet, Metroid, Final Fantasy, Legend Of Zelda, Halo, Kingdom Hearts, DreamScapes, Diablo, World Of Warcraft. Good games, bad games, well known, and obscure. Bad graphics, good graphics, all text, no text, speech text, captions. Online, Offline. Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, start. I am a gamer, do not mess with me.

-Written by Draven May 31st, 2006

Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:57 am  

*applauds*

Well done!!
You get a gold star for that post!

Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:01 am  

*weep!* I totally feel ya.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:59 am  

Good Job, I feel very much the same about myself! =]

Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:46 am  

If I remember correctly it was Up up down down left right left right B A B A select start -- for the contra code Smile

Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:26 pm  

Syllenria wrote:
If I remember correctly it was Up up down down left right left right B A B A select start -- for the contra code Smile

Select start was when you were playing 2 players Very Happy

Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:19 am  

I remember it that way too, with two sets of B A. But just to be sure I looked the code up on Gamefaqs, and they list it as just one B A. However, it's not unusual to find incomplete information on Gamefaqs...

But THANK YOU everybody for the postive feedback on my post! I'm REALLY glad you guys liked it!

Anonymous

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> General Chatter

View next topic
View previous topic