DreamScapes MUD

DreamScapes MUD: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> Tales of Adventure
Message Author
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:10 am  

*There was once a time when the denizens of Kelrath and those of the Centaur Wood lived in harmony, but nothing lasts forever.
There was once a small ember of a flame that aspired to larger things in Belial's domain. It watched as countless souls grew in power and left the limbo that is non-existance, but as the peace that had settled between Kelrath and the Centaur Wood; nothing can last forever.*
A horrible scream followed the meteor that was one of Belial's doomed souls as it crashed down from the heavens into the darkness and fire. Sensing that its time had come, the ember darted towards the impact site and began to feed on the lost soul's life's power.
"Know this little one, I was once a very powerful elf but I was done in by the kindness of.." the being's voice trailed off as the ember's gullet swelled with the energy that signalled the end of the "powerful elf's" existence.
A demonic, infernal laugh echoed through the underworld, "I haved watched others leave for time beyond measure and memory! Verschus Deratrophy is now blessed with life from the great Belial!"
A great grinning mouth full of razor sharp teeth beamed from the darkness and said, "Go unto the world Verschus and take the title of Magus Infernicus, for you will do great things in my honor and destroy the good that is polluting my dominion!"
Great red eyes like the very magma that flows through the veins of the Underworld opened before the Infernal Mage and the voice continued, "Go forth I command you! Destroy that which is good so that which is EVIL may flourish!."
And so the little ember burned, and grew brighter until it rivaled even the sun. As the flame reached critical mass, it exploded in a brilliant supernova of rich blue and green sparks.
'Oh....my head." Verschus moaned as he woke in the Immigration building, nude and powerless.
"Ahh...another one." A strange man muttered in disgust while shuffling through a stack of papers. "Verschus Deratrophy head to the Adventurer's guild to the west and get some clothes and then off with you to the Mage's guild to start your journeys."
The little naked gnome nodded and ran off in the direction the man had given him. It was easy enough for him to attain the clothes and complete the quest the strange Mage had given him, but something tugged at Verschus' subconscious and beckoned him south of Kelrath. Succumbing to curiousity, as is gnome tradition, the young Mage adventured south to the entrance of a strange wood.
Strange hoofprints led off into the darkness of the forest, and the Infernal Mage journeyed inward. An unlucky fox crossed his path and was decimated by a magic missile which totally ANNIHILATED him. The little animal let out a strange whelp, and suddenly a four legged creature with the body of a horse and the torso and head of a man came charging at the red foxe's lifeless body.
"I never did like those pesky little thieves." the beast said with a sigh. "Its been a while since we've had company in these woods, perhaps you would care to follow further in to speak with our leader at the Mound of Stones that she may give you a blessing for your journey?"
"Yes." Verschus smiled mischeiviously, "A blessing....Maybe I can bless your entire clan also."
*And with that the two headed deeper into the Centaur Wood; one with kindness and warmth in their heart, and the other with malice and deception.*

Anonymous

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> Tales of Adventure

View next topic
View previous topic