DreamScapes MUD

DreamScapes MUD: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> General Chatter
Message Author
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:17 pm  

The haplo series was the death gate cycle by Wiess and Hickman

Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:19 pm  

Oh, have you read A Feast for Crows yet? Latest in the George RR Martin Song of Ice and Fire series.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:12 pm  

Yeah, I read that one a week or two after it came out, it wasn't bad... I think I was just disapointed that Arya got so little time in the book - I heard she's got a chapter or two in the new one though

I wish I even had time to read books now - with all my classes finals papers etc I can't even watch an episode of 24... I can't wait for the summer.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:38 pm  

I heard that the book was so late coming out because he couldn't find a place to stop writing it. He released it as two diffrent books, and some of the main characters are not getting as much time in this one. The next one they will be getting a good bit more. It's got alot of main characters, yo.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:22 pm  

I would definately recommend the Sword of Truth series, by Terry Goodkind. Really deep characters and involving story lines. But even though the books are upwards of 700 pages each, once I picked one up I couldn't put it down until the end. They're just that good.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:05 pm  

GAH! Not trying to be a jerk, but after I started reading that series of books i started to get realy depressed, b/c goodkind sucks and I have no idea how he ever is still making money. I dunno, some people really like him, I've given him three tries in the past 7 years and I've never been able to stomach him.

thanks for the idea though
klitch

Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:15 pm  

I would once again like to bring up Katherine Kerr's series. Havn't read much like them, and im sure Corbyn would agree since im guessing that's where he got his name from, and where i got my old "Cavrodoc" from too ^^ Although i did change the name a little, it's where i got it from. Seems these books have passed by most without much notice, and it's a pity.

kickass books.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:02 pm  

Quote:
Havn't read much like them, and im sure Corbyn would agree since im guessing that's where he got his name from

Actually, I just thought it up. Never even heard of Katherine Kerr.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:48 am  

Oh. Well, there's a nasty little lord in the first book that's called Corbyn. Not at all a pleasant guy like Corbyn from ds Wink

Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:21 pm  

Check out the Sword of Truth series, by Terry Goodkind.
I'm reading it again, and I cant put the books down.
Its about 11 or 12 books at this point. Incredible. Easily some of the best writing I've read.

-EDIT-
Damn, should have read the second page before posting Razz
I dont know what you've read from Goodkind, Klitch, but Sword of Truth is incredible. Seriously, give it a try, you wont regret it. The first book is called "Wizards First Rule"

Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:29 pm  

Oh, and Gilthanis, if you like the Sword of Truth series, and havn't read Chainfire yet....Oh God.

That book....stayed glued to my hand a week after i finished it, it was that damn good. I started the series over, just so i could read the whole thing like one big, F'in long book.

Check out Chainfire, if you're up to that point yet. And if not...get there! Razz

Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 7:20 pm  

Klitch, Klitch, Klitch...been quite a while since I have seen that name. Dunno if you are now neck deep in pages and books, but some other good ones are the Nightrunner series by Lynn Fleweling, and also Nightfall and the Return of Nightfall. I forget the author. Also, just about anything by David Gemmel is excellent, as well as the King's Blades series by David Duncan I believe. Raymond Feist is an excellent author, though he has already been mentioned. Robin Hobb is also excellent, though I would suggest the books about the Farseer line, i.e. assassins apprentice, assassins quest and royal assassin as well as the tawny man series. The list goes on and on, though I think those are my personal favorites.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 7:28 pm  

ROYAL ASSASSIN KICKS ASS! havent read the rest of that series though Razz

Anonymous

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> General Chatter

View next topic
View previous topic