DreamScapes MUD

DreamScapes MUD: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> Getting Started
Message Author
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:44 am  

Greetings,

Just was wondering, is there any manual one can read offline about commands, etc. for Dreamscape II?

It would also be nice to be able to look at those commands without starving to death. Is there any place one can go in Keltrath where one doesn't have to worry about starving to death or dieing of thirst and still be able to read/study help, etc.?

Thanks for your replies.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:09 am  

I'd sit by the fountain in Keltrath park, there you can drink all you need to direct from the fountain. People will also be passing through who may give you some food if you asked them.

What I will do is increase the time (double it) that it takes for you to feel the effects of hunger / thirst for everyone. I will remove the effect from those of lower rank completely ..... thanks for the feedback. I have edited the 'Can you buy stuff at Inn like sandwiches, etc?' topic so it reads more like people helping rather than the thread becoming bogged down in highlighting this issue. Like I said though, the issue is noted and will be addressed.

At the moment there is no offline way to read the help topics. They will be available via this site in the coming months though ....

Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:12 am  

Melleth wrote:
I'd sit by the fountain in Keltrath park, there you can drink all you need to direct from the fountain. People will also be passing through who may give you some food if you asked them.

What I will do is increase the time (double it) that it takes for you to feel the effects of hunger / thirst for everyone. I will remove the effect from those of lower rank completely ..... thanks for the feedback. I have edited the 'Can you buy stuff at Inn like sandwiches, etc?' topic so it reads more like people helping rather than the thread becoming bogged down in highlighting this issue. Like I said though, the issue is noted and will be addressed.

At the moment there is no offline way to read the help topics. They will be available via this site in the coming months though ....

Thank you, Melleth.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:35 am  

My apologies for posting to this thread, but I had no way to sign in to start a new one. Does DreamScapes have a requirement that new players must spend a certain amount of time online or otherwise lose their characters? I created a character, played for a few days, got swamped with RL stuff, then was shocked and dismayed to find my character gone when I got back.

If there is no such requirement, is there another reason that my character (Arella) seemingly disappeared from the realm?

Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:48 am  

Er, as a follow-up to my last post, I realize the problem could simply be caused by the fact that it's in ptest phase at the moment. If THAT is the case and everyone has lost their characters, I have a couple other questions...

1) How frequent an occurrence is having to re-create your character?

2) Are things like this announced somewhere that I have yet to find, in order to prevent player-panic, or do we just expect it to happen every now and then and assume it has if we can't sign in?

Once again, I apologize for being the resident newbie at the moment, but I'm already hooked on this game and would like to know what to expect. Thanks!

Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:11 am  

Melleth wrote:
Kalveri wrote:
That too is easier said than done. With our pbase, what new players are left to recruit to these weaker guilds? I've always thought it to be in bad taste to go recruit in other muds, personally.

Me too, please do not do this please, it'll only make life hard when other mud admins get angry with me!

Kalveri wrote:
Also, it was my understanding that if a player doesn't log in after so many days, they're automatically deleted. Is that actually happening?

Yes this happens, but the higher ranks need to be inactive for 6 months, rank 1 gets 7 days, etc .....

From another thread... and I believe that there are dates.. I'll keep looking somewhere.... in one of these threads.

Evandraeus

Anonymous

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> Getting Started

View next topic
View previous topic