DreamScapes MUD

DreamScapes MUD: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> Tales of Adventure
Message Author
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:19 pm  

Well, I had an adventure, sort of, with my first death and near second.

I was wandering around Tyr and stumbled into the Laughing Bull Tavern, where I saw this drunken Prince Karine looking for someone to do a quest fer him. I figured this would have to be easy, so. He asked me to find some goblin near Offingia and kill him. So far so good, my first quest seemed a no brainer, nevermind that I didn't really know where Offingia was.

Well, I found plenty of goblins alright between Tyr and Offingia. I even went back to Karine to see if one of em had been the right one, no such luck. So I decided to go deeper into the goblin caves. Unfortunately, my light source went out during combat, and I was running out of time on the quest anyways, So I thought I would rest up in Offingia.

This was when I discovered that I had killed so many goblins I had strayed too far from my chosen path of balance in the land, I could not heal, or hardly even move it seemed without becomming exhausted.
Not that I was killing the entire goblin army out of the goodness of my heart. I was just trying to get some reward from some drunk prince.

After a long wait I decided I would have to try to balance things out by attacking some poor Offingian citizen, hoping that might appease the gods. All it did was make several of them gang up on me and nearly kill me. I hid in a temple for a while to recover after fleeing, managed to sneak out of the town, only to get killed easy by a goblin on the way back to Tyr.

I figured I would ressurect back in Keltrath and I immediately tried to make my way back to my corpse , but of course that was a big mistake. I guess I assumed I would be back in balance with the land, having died for it, but instead I very nearly died again from thirst and hunger just trying to crawl into Tyr from the stone marker. I managed to make it to the Dragon fountain in Tyr where I lay there naked and in a perpetual stun. I could neither die , nor heal. Very bad.

Basically, I stayed there till Arogan finally passed by and cast a healing spell and gave me some food. Later on Maladis helped me in Keltrath to alleviate the curse I was under having strayed from my path.

So, I learned a valuable lesson about sticking to one's path in the realm. It's not something I would like to soon experience again.

Anonymous

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> Tales of Adventure

View next topic
View previous topic