DreamScapes MUD

DreamScapes MUD: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> Tales of Adventure
Message Author
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:03 am  

Or, why one should be quite cautious in one's ambitions.

Mind, I've been one to go and do this several time,s but never had I had the pelasure to be so.... amused. Utterly and entirely, and it takes a lot to amuse this priest in these days at times.

So I go to Wyrm, to fetch some things for the guild... nothing enw or unusual. So I go to tangle with the Guardians fo Wyrm - doable. I've done it several times before, without issue, and without death. I take the first down with a nice sling stone to make him run out. Easy as cake.

I go IN after the second one... get him pretty wounded beating on him with my trident - lovely thing it is. I probably should have used my Mithril stave. I really think I should have. The guardian takes my lower right arm... then proceeds not much later to take my lower LEFT arm as well. AND a foot right after!

Mind, that really really hurts. But I also can't cast ANYTHING because... well, how do you cast with no hands? I fled, thankfully, and not into the thicket of the Priest and Acolytes of Wyrm... and hobbled quite painfully all the way back to Keltrath. I failed a feigndeath - damned Yang's Bane fails me - and... well, can't recall if I can't cast!

Also, I'm hving hunger and thirst to boot.

Moral of the story: If you're a priest, make sure not to lose BOTH your arms, and a foot while far away from a temple and no other priest around. Oh, and don't let yourself gt hungry and thirsty too - since you can't GRAB anything either. Best laid plans always seem to fail from a lucky limb chopping session.

Now, if y'all excuse me, Osiris would like me to resume my duties in cleaning Wyrm again... and hopefully this time he blesses me to be a bit more sturdy.

Anonymous

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> Tales of Adventure

View next topic
View previous topic