DreamScapes MUD

DreamScapes MUD: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> Getting Started
Message Author
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:45 am  

Hmm, it seems when I roll for my stats while creating a character I have never gotten anything higher then a 13 for Charisma. And CHARISMA is the prime stat of a DP... Although strength is always around 15 or 16 when I roll... :/ How do you roll a 15 or higher for charisma.. it never happens.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:35 pm  

I would try this:
The Questions i believe give you a kind of set of rolls you will receive.
For a Paladin i know it will be difficult to get a high Int and Wis but you want to charge into a Battle (A) , You want to learn some things of the Arcane (B) , and you dont want to kill the man but you want to stay by his side (C) , and as a Paladin you would go to church to worship your Deity. (A)
Possibly better answers out there. I would suggest asking a Dark Paladin.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:18 am  

Ask Thallid. He has rolled up more Dark Paladins than there are MUDS on the net. He can probably tell you perfect DP stats, and how to get them!

Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:01 am  

In this case paladin stats are paladin stats regardless of ethos. It's not so difficult. Paladins are strong warriors defending what they believe is right. They are wise enough to make decision and smart enough to follow orders when told to do so. They are protective of those that should be protected and follow your Gods will almost regardless circumstance. So, you want to fight, you probably want to study, but you'll tire easily of that boring stuff. You'll want to protect the man, unless of course you are going for a Dark Paladin, but Dark Paladins even have honor, so you won't just kill the man and take his money while he's sleeping. And then of course a paladin favors diety first and foremost, so of course you'll want to worship.

That tidbit of information should help you be able to roll up a decent paladin. Paladins aren't the smartest class, so don't be surprised for a low intelligent or wisdom. Your goal is high Charisma and Strength as well as Constitution with as much wisdom intellect and dexterity as you can get of course, but they are only secondary. Good luck.

-Torie

Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:26 am  

One of these days, one of us needs to create an answer key. What choice gives what result. Because of the RP nature of the creation process I also end up thinking "What would a (whatever) do?" instead of "Which choice is +5 Con?"

Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:51 pm  

I think that's the idea, Qiroth Wink

Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:52 am  

Qiroth wrote:
Ask Thallid. He has rolled up more Dark Paladins than there are MUDS on the net. He can probably tell you perfect DP stats, and how to get them!

Actually I have rolled DP more times than there are people in China, but thats aside the point, just remember one thing, when it ask about killing the sleeping man to take his gold, DO NOT DO IT, sit with him and guard him until he wakes up. Paladins, ALL Paladins do not loot, its an honor thing, so killing the man for his gold just wouldn't be right without any other reason.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:32 am  

Ya gotta remember.....Charisma is how much people like you and I don't think they would like it if you're looting them or killing them. Also, keep in mind that Paladins also are devout worshippers rather than students.
It's really easy to figure out which question to pick if you really put yourself in the position of the character you want to play. I.E. ROLEPLAY!

Anonymous

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> Getting Started

View next topic
View previous topic