DreamScapes MUD

DreamScapes MUD: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> Tales of Adventure
Message Author
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:37 am  

Its always nice to take a relaxing break from the normal haunts of hunting. Of course not all adventures begin with success, but this one ended well enough.

Sometimes it is necessary to clear ones head of slain enemies so that when you battle with them once more, the fight feels more challenging and you learn more from each slain foe. It was this subtle truth of hunting that lead Arken and I back to Offingia once more. We had slain every thing we could easily dispose of on the way to the city in the mountain, and once we were there we attempted the same thing.
All went well until Sir Mischa and his outrageous army of reinforcements fell upon us. They consisited of Zeb Rykalp, Pater Vinci, and 2 guards of the city. We were soon overwhelmed and with a powerful bash, I sent each of the men sprawling and Arken and I fled for our lives once more.
Instead of admitting defeat, we ran down the path towards goblin town to acquire a few more kills. Along the way we ran into a sleeping red dragon. "If his strength is in anyway determined by the beings around him, we can dispose of him easily." Arken whispered while gesturing to the corpse of a dead goblin warrior.
" A sleeping foe should indeed be easy priest." I said and drew my Protector of the Garden from its sheath on my back. I briefly considered the snoring beast and motioned for Arken to begin his chants. As soon as Sanctuary protected me, I slashed the beast hard on his torso which slightly wounded him. "A good sign." I thought. "A slight wound on the first blow."
Arken uttered the word "Vrogg" and I felt the blessing of Osiris come upon me as the beast's eyes opened. Charcoal smoke seemed to billow out of its gaping maw and sparks of anger shot from two snow white eyes. A loud roar shook the cavern and the beast shot its first blast of fire from its mouth. I screamed in pain as my flesh cooked beneath my bronze armor. Arken began his chants once more and I commenced to pummeling the dragon. The battle lasted little more than a few minutes, Arken completely healed my wounds three times, and as the blood ran freely from the slumbering beast's mouth and wounds; it let fly with 4 powerful blasts from its mouth which OBLITERATED me. I awoke some time later in my temple to the sounds of Arken's frantic voice in my mind, "I am in the midst of goblins, defending your equipment from the disgusting little green thieves." I told him to hold tight, and I would be there shortly.
On my way to Tyr, Arogan's voice echoed from the sky inquiring of my position. I informed him of the situation and he immediately offered his assistance. He reached the area first and I attempted to speak to him across the realm, but he was unreachable. A short while later he told me of the ambush of fire wrought upon him by the Wyrm, and that he was on his way back to the caves from Kelrath.
Meanwhile Arken was telling me of his problems with the goblins running into the room and grabbing items and running off. He did his best to protect the items until Arogan and I arrived. We ran quickly past the dragon and dived into a small room just past the dragon where Arken was posted up on guard over a mound of armor and weapons. I put on my stuff and Arken quickly chanted some protection over me as Arogan used the runes on his sword for his own protection. When Arken finished his prayer, he quickly quafted a potion of invisibility to avoid all blows from the beast.
The dragon's roar brought down rocks from the ceiling as we entered the chamber. Arogan brought down the mighty Avenger upon the red dragon very hard on his torso which wounded it. The beast retaliated with an enormous blast of flame from its mouth which burnt us badly. I slashed the dragon on his neck and was surprised by the flames that shot up from the wounds. A few more blasts and we would be dead, but Arken healed my wounds completely and Arogan placed his hands upon himself and all traces of combat were gone except for the blemishes on our armor. The fight was quite short after this, only 3 more hits and the wyrm exploded in a mass of fire and agonizing screams. We retrieved what equipment the beast had stolen and parted ways, revelling in the utterly sweet taste of revenge still lingering upon our blades Twisted Evil

Anonymous

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> Tales of Adventure

View next topic
View previous topic