DreamScapes MUD

DreamScapes MUD: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> DreamScapes MMORPG
Message Author
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:08 pm  

Lord knows I'm no expert in etiquette, but this would not seem the best avenue for discussion of such a thing. Unless the idea is to involve outside players in a different guild's affairs Vydon.

Anyway, I was rather glad this horrific thread died for a bit and look forward to people keeping their respective noses in their own business by using mudmail or private messages here. Thanks for the ambiguity Vydon, lets hope it doesn't go far past this and you and your concerned parties quickly arrive at some resolution.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:47 am  

Welp, I did not wish as to so point the finger, however in light of looking like a muck-raker, here it is.

Gabrial has been having an issue as of late logging into the website with his player name and password. Because of such, he is unable to properly reach the Immortal that he so needs. Apparently he has sent numerous mudmails, and wished to send a message via the website for a quicker response. Also, a guild member of mine has also had an issue with this same problem involving the player login to the website. I was hoping if anything to draw the attention of the Immortal staff when they log into the website, so this would be a newer post for them to look at.

I did not wish as to so brazenly private message the Immortal staff on their behalf and heckle them as such, was merely looking for a less direct and pressuring avenue.

Sorry for any problems it may have caused - if needed I will delete it.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:28 pm  

The reason these players are unable to log into the website is because they have re-made their character a few times or more in the beginning, constant stat rerollers cause a lag between the game and the website and their website login ends up getting corrupted.

It is for this reason that the immortal staff have little sympathy for these that are unable to log into the website, since they don't just happen to accept the stats that they get within the first ten rolls. I know this -can- seem a little unfair but that's the way the game was made.

To correct this Issue, all they would need to do is .. well reroll under a different name I suppose, and be more careful about what is more important to them.

Apologies if this seems at all harsh.

Lelarion

Assistant Implementor
Assistant Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:31 pm  

Thank you Lelarion. At least I can have an answer for what is the matter, as well as a solution.

Sadly, or ironically...these players are unable to view this such posting, and will have to go off what the rest of us tell them. *laughs*

I apologize to whomever this post may have offended, though I was merely attempting to correct a situation that did seem rather "glitchy" - though I must say I was not aware of the full extent and as to why.

Thanks again. Smile

Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:53 pm  

Off the top of my head -

Is there a disclaimer or some sort of warning to that new (returning) player, pertaining to the issues at hand with the multiple name use corruption for the website? If the issues at hand are not fixable, then perhaps some sort of precaution should be taken to help prevent another player from experiencing this shortcoming.

I would see it fitting as this is one of those things that could really piss a person off - perhaps even leading to them leaving our game - especially without any warning. And people leaving is something we don't really need all too much, at least in the current situation.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:21 am  

Hey all.

Sorry to revive a dead post, but I HAD to ask:

Is Ciroth's post of the death of RP in game current?

Either way you answer, I won't leave. I'll only stay and try harder if the answer is, "RP is dead". Because- I can tell that this game has potential to be an RP haven, and I don't give up on RP Havens.

As to Ciroth's assertion that this is a grindgame with an RP mask- to an extent, EVERY MU* is. Powerlevellers WILL WIN to RPers EVERY F***ing time. I am sorry to yell and curse- it's just a fact, because those who work at improving their stats and skills will, by definition, win (a coded/mechanics-based) fighting against an RPer who RPed for 1000 hours but has not put in the mechanics work. That's sad in my opinion, but it's something EVERYONE has to work with, so I think that that assertion is invalid.

I'll be honest: I came to this game FOR the RP, and this post is a bit discouraging. But- I'm willing to put in the work to make this game succeed. So, a challenge to you, Ciroth: don't give up.

And a challenge to the Players: Help me.

And a challenge to the GMs: Promote RP.

And, finally, a challenge to Imms: Advertise and get more players.

A note on my challenges: I won't challenge anyone to do ANYTHING I haven't done or won't do/help with.

Sorry if I overstepped any boundaries here- I just want to help out, and to RP.

If you want my help, great.

If you don't, then still RP with me and don't avoid me on these grounds. Razz

Love,

Luciende/Alex Klein.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:33 am  

I deleted my toon Luciende with the intention of restarting, which I already have.

No worries about me quitting! Lol.

Love,

Luciende/Alex Klein.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:48 pm  

Hi Luciende!

I ACCEPT YOUR CHALLENGE, SIR!

Welcome to DS, I'm glad you're still with us Smile

Ciroth's post is not current. The idea never caught on, as you can see from the replies posted on the thread. RP is too integral to the pbase culture here.

I agree with your view that most muds that encourage RP will have to be a balance between RP and game mechanics. DS generally achieves that balance; I've been fortunate to witness and take part in some truly memorable RP moments, and can also appreciate the option to just run around smacking things around like an uber-ninja after a rough day at work Wink

RP is not dead in DS. Our pbase has taken a hit recently, but is slowly creeping back up there. While not all players make RP their focus, most will be happy to engage in it at least occasionally. Those players that do come here for the RP are excellent players who really bring the stories to life.

It may take some time for you to become involved in some of that as a new player. The best place to start is, as you stated above, with your guild and GM. Ask questions, get to understand your guild's history and lore (every guild has a very rich history that's worth exploring), develop your religious faith, your strengths, weaknesses, your age... RPers will take notice and play along. Smile

Again, welcome to DS! I look forward to meeting you ingame.

Thanks,
Roune

Anonymous

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> DreamScapes MMORPG

View next topic
View previous topic