DreamScapes MUD

DreamScapes MUD: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> General Chatter
Message Author
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:23 pm  

For the past couple days I've been watching DS climb up the ranking on the advertised mud sites, so I hope everyone is voting!

I'd love to see a wash of new blood come in, and a few good rankings on a site here and there could just be the ticket we need.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:04 am  

From my experience, these days there are generally two ways to expand a mud's pbase (other than having a wonderful codebase and friendly players, of course):

1) Word of mouth (tell your gaming friends, get people who used to play here back around, etc...).
2) Sites dedicated to mud listings.

I've seen a mud with about our current pbase expand greatly, simply due to 1) votes on several of the mudding sites, and 2) player reviews, if they're toggled.

As for TMC, how it used to work was that the mud could actually get three separate votes per player per day - one for the actual vote, another for homepage connection from the TMC listing, and another for telnet connection from the listing.

I'm not sure if that's how it works still, but I think it would be absolutely great to see some new blood on DS2. After all the time, care, and effort that went into creating this mud, I think it deserves a vote or two. Smile

Anyways, just my two cents on this! - A.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:01 am  

Since I've been watching the Mud Connector, Dreamscapes has climbed from rank 191 to about 135, where it sits now - let's see if we can get it to the first page (<100).

The Top Mud Sites has Dreamscapes sitting at rank 115, and I'm sure we could do the same with that one, as well - let's get it into the top 100!

I don't think you can do more than one vote on MudMagic - just rate it, right? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Let's keep at it - this is a beautiful place and it demands a populace to appreciate it! - A.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:44 pm  

Mud Connector _just_ reset their ranks - if you feel so inclined, go vote!

Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:16 am  

Perhaps now is the time more than ever.

Those who remain, VOTE!

Those who even stop in the check up on things - VOTE!

It seems our playerbase has been dwindling as of late - and older players have all but moved on so it seems.

If we wish to attract new players - we must rank highly on these sites. Those in search of a new mud use these sites like a bible, and placing highly on there is probably the best shot we have at attracting a larger playerbase.

Thankfully, it can only get better once we boost the base a bit. SO VOTE =)

Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:16 pm  

I voted, did you?

Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:40 pm  

TMC recently changed their policy so you have to log in with your username to vote.

This is good for us.

When you vote on TMC, you should do so in each of three ways:

1) Click on the vote button on the DS homepage.
2) Go to the DS listing and click on the homepage.
3) Click to connect to DS via Telnet.

Do all three daily. They all count towards the ranking.

I don't know if searching for DreamScapes on TMC also helps the rating, but it takes all of a few seconds to do.

Let's get us on the first page. (<100)

- Auliya.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:31 pm  

... speaking of...

TMC reset their votes at the New Year. Which means that everyone is back at zero. It's an even playing field.

So let's hit the grounds running!
- Auliya.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:43 am  

Rank 31 as of five seconds ago when I JUST VOTED!

Anonymous

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> General Chatter

View next topic
View previous topic