DreamScapes MUD

DreamScapes MUD: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> Getting Started
Message Author
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:19 am  

I'm actually posting for a friend of mine, who played DS back in 1.5 and has been trying to connect. He told me that he thought the game was down, because of his continual inability to connect to the game (I'm posting in this forum because it's public so he can read everybody's input on the problem).

He uses JMC, and can't connect(he's using the proper address and all that) and also can't connect with Pueblo or any others he's tried, including the Telnet link straight from the site, or the Telnet/Java links from mudmagic. When he tries to log on, he gets a message from JMC that says "Trying to connect.... couldn't connect" however he IS able to connect to every other MUD he's tried.

My two thoughts were that either there's a firewall problem, which makes NO sense since he can connect to to other MUDs, or he was sitebanned, which makes no sense because he never did anything wrong(to my knowledge).

ANY info anybody may have would be appreciated, and as I said he was a well respected player back in 1.5 and he's been sorely missed and I for one would like to see him back. So PLEASE throw your ideas in here.

~Oberon Skye

Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:53 am  

It is possibly the network problems the game server is having at the moment .... being going on for a couple of weeks now. An engineer is looking at the problem this Saturday so I hope it'll get fixed!

Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:08 pm  

I sure hope so. Thanks for the reply Melleth.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:23 pm  

All right thanks Melleth; I appreciate the prompt response!

~Oberon Skye

Anonymous

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> Getting Started

View next topic
View previous topic