DreamScapes MUD

DreamScapes MUD: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> General Chatter
Message Author
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:09 am  

Seriously. Don't be fooled by the fact it stars Nicolas Cage, the cool looking previews, the big budget, or the PG-13 rating. This is NOT a good movie. It is NOT enjoyable, it is NOT thought provaking, and there is NO happy ending.

Now, I understand that not all movies need a happy ending, but this ending is just senseless and tragic. Not in an artistic way, or a thought provaking way, or a challenge to some of our standards and thinking as a society. It's just cruel for the sake of being cruel.

The movie itself is full of plot holes. All that stuff with the burning car has no bearing on ANYTHING later on in the movie outside of some nightmares Cage's character has. In fact, there are a lot of things introduced that are never explained, in any sense.

Even if you HATE cops, like me, what happens to Nicolas Cage's character is COMPLETLY undeserved. During the whole movie, you hope and struggle with Nicholas Cage's character, only to have everything turned around on him. I HATED the ending. It's completly screwed up, and you take nothing away from it. Nothing. All that happens if you see a character you've grown to identify with and root for, die a really horrible death for no reason. There is nothing redeeming about it in any way, no matter what angle you look at it from. And there's no use HOPING he gets out it somehow. He doesn't.

I seriously think this is a black eye on Nicholas Cage's otherwise brillant career. Avoid like AIDS. Seriously, you've been warned. DO NOT WATCH. DO NOT DOWNLOAD. DO NOT GET THE DVD. DO NOT RENT.

I have NEVER hated a movie as much as I hate The Wicker Man. HORRIBLE movie.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:22 am  

You mean there are Hollywood movies that have Nicholas Cage in them that don't have plot holes?

Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:56 am  

You do know that Cage just ACTS in the movies and he doesn't WRITE them right? So the comparison of Cage in a movie and it having plot holes is really ignorant becuase the two instances have nothing to do with eatch other. Wierd.

-Drendizzle

Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:14 pm  

Holy uncrackable crackers batman! I think Drenkors onto something with that one..hah

Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:54 am  

Astrof wrote:
You mean there are Hollywood movies that have Nicholas Cage in them that don't have plot holes?

One or two, maybe even three plot holes are tolarable. THIS movie is FILLED, start to finnish with plot holes. Turns out, the movie was never even screened for critics, it was just dumped into theathres on Labor Day week-end, admist heavy advertising.

Drenkor wrote:
You do know that Cage just ACTS in the movies and he doesn't WRITE them right?

Yes, I do. Let's re-examine what I said...

Ciroth wrote:
Don't be fooled by the fact it stars Nicolas Cage

Notice I said "stars" and not "written by". The whole point of me mentioning Nicholas Cage is that he is a big star. And being such a big star is a major pull to make people want to see the movie, wheather you are a fan of his, or just happen to know his name. "Hey, Nicholas Cage! He does good movies!" Not this time. While the plot holes are not his fault, he, or at least somebody in his camp read the script, and he could have spoken with the crappy director about them. He is forever associated to this movie, and it's a black mark on his career. Thanks for playing, Dren.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:25 pm  

I was replying to Astrofs post, Ciroth. That would only make chronological sense. I guess if you weren't deaf, dumb, and blind you'd know that. (Only kidding) No, your post Ciritoh was a whole, complete thought that made sense and thus, I didn't go see the movie. So I thank you for saving a couple of my limited hours of liberty.

Drenfindizzminizzle

Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:57 am  

My appoligies, Dren. Due to my Helen Kelleritis I figured your first post was for me!

You are VERY welcome. I am glad another person didn't have to go through the same torment I went through watching what is being called the worst movie of 2006, possibly of the decade.

Where's my money, Neil?

Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:26 am  

Hmm Ciroth blind dumb and deaf, he must be a NFL referee!

Anonymous

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> General Chatter

View next topic
View previous topic