DreamScapes MUD

DreamScapes MUD: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> Tales of Adventure
Message Author
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:13 pm  

The bells rang clearly through the courtyards of the temple. The echos of the chimes bouncing off the walls scaring the birds into flight. Syllenria sat on one of the many benches within this courtyard, she was lost in deep meditation that not even the bells could disturb. There was a fountain placed in the center of the courtyard it trickled wine, red wine, the color of blood with the taste of sweet grapes, grapes that had been blessed by the Gods. Here in this temple the Dark Lords reigned on high -- Belial, Ahandora and of course, Asha'Ra.

Coming to, she slowly stood to her feet and walked into the temple for the daily sermon, as it was what the bells were calling for. Sitting there in the chapel, she closed her eyes and once again began to meditate doing so would increase her perception of the sermon ten fold for the Gods would place a vision in her mind of what was truly happening. These vivid sermons kept the faith of the temple strong and the will of the people even stronger. A tap on the shoulder startled her out of her mental image, deep meditation during a sermon was almost required, something must have been urgently wrong. Slipping gently out of meditation, she turned to see the eyes of an acolyte, the acolyte grinned at her and she understood, it was time.

She clambered to her feet and ran swiftly through the corridors to the hospital wing of the temple, there the priestesses tended to the wounded and the pregnant members. Her mother, now residing over all the priestesses within the ward was performing a birthing ritual, a ritual that would be in right her turn to complete, she shook with anxiety and with a little fear. Her eyes shut immediately as a prayer shot through her mind, "Asha'Ra hear me, guide my steps through this, it is my duty and what I've trained for all my life, all the other rituals I've performed have been leading up to this moment, the moment that I would perform the ending of the birthing ritual, cleanse the babe and nourish them with their Gods food. Give me strength, help me."

She covered her head with the cloak and stood in a dark corner away from the birthing ritual, she could hear nothing but screams of birth and see nothing but darkness. She closed her eyes again faltering in the length of time she had to stand there silent listening to the screams, "Give me your strength Asha'Ra! Mine is not strong enough. Your will carry me!" A light switched on above her head almost immediately as she was presented a babe, coated in blood and squirming, it was a male, her first male child. As was tradition in her temple all females were allowed to be priestesses but they were not allowed to preach the sermons to congregations or crowds of people nor were they allowed to write their own merely copy those of others. The men were the priests and they were in charge of doing all the sermons and the congregational work. It was time for her to place this male in the arms of the deity.

"Rognathkor" The words flowed smoothly from her lips and the babe was silent. "Sotlrotak" The babe was cleansed by an unseen water the blood and impurities dripping into a container that lay below. "Andrikort" The babe became full and was content to the point that sleep overtook him. "Be silent, Be cleansed, Be fed and nourished... Dark Lord Asha'Ra I call out to the save this son of Gaun and let him become yours, guide his feet in the calling and help him to grow strong in the teachings. He is yours, bless him my Lord."

She placed the babe in a chamber of the Gods where the babe would be nurtured and nourished by them for many days. She was approached by a tall woman dressed in dark robes, her cover pulled over her head, but she still knew it to be her mother. "Asha'Ra guide you my child, for now you must depart these walls, it is your destiny. Go seek out your warrior and travel to another temple, learn there and then return to us when you have become strong and wise, much wiser than you are now. May he guide your feet, pack swiftly your time here is nearing. I will miss you child.."

She embraced her and then disappeared into the shadows.

Anonymous

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> Tales of Adventure

View next topic
View previous topic