DreamScapes MUD

DreamScapes MUD: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> DreamScapes MMORPG
Message Author
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:44 pm  

The fact that I've spent more than five hours playing means I enjoy it. As a rule, if a game can't hold my attention for five collective hours of play, I will likely drop it.

One thing is for certain, DS is easily the hardest MUD I've played. I've only played a few in my day (mostly Netrunners, but dabbling in others like Sindome and Wayfar 1444). That's not a bad thing. Challenge *can* be frustrating, but then again, I easily get bored with games that pretty much spoon-feed you everything, so I'd rather be challenged.

I do miss being able to compare weapon and armor stats (without having to wear them first) because I'm a stat-hound at heart, but I can see why this was done. Seeing stats is not something anyone would be able to do in the real world by simply looking at a piece, so I assume it was left out to promote world-immersion.

The player base I have encountered has not only been helpful, but extremely generous. Side note on that, you folks don't have to keep giving me stuff, haha. As awesome as the gesture is, I'm sticking around, so I'd like to learn how to get all this stuff for myself eventually, or at the very least, pay for your services. Do not think all you have done has gone unappreciated, though. I certainly am grateful! I'm just getting to the point where I shouldn't have people doing anything for me, but sharing info on how or where to go is always nice! Or don't if your character hates mine! Haha.

Anyway, I can't really suggest anything that hasn't been suggested here in the forums, but I am working on some more detailed maps for personal use, and when I get them done, I can offer them for community use if anyone wants. Still trying to decide what software I want to use to put my pencil & paper sketches in. Just throwing it out there.

If there are other ways I can help out, I don't mind being asked. My schedule is wonky, but there are days where I literally have nothing but time on my hands, and other days where I'm busy down to the minute due to the nature of my job. If it's site help, my HTML knowledge is nearly non-existent at this point, unless there is an easy editor somewhere. I have not worked on a website in about 15 years, but I do enjoy writing.

Otherwise, I'll just keep playing and figuring out how to be a Grey Paladin, while following advice I've already received!

Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:53 pm  

Aaaand I just noticed the "exhibit" and "compare" commands <facepalm>. I'm used to the compare command being used between any two items, regardless if you're wearing them or not. So, just ignore that paragraph above.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:32 pm  

I am certainly guilty of being hyper generous to anyone low rank, even moreso to completely new players. Always wondered if it was perhaps too much. Razz

At any rate, the difficulty early on is just finding your way around. Once you become familiar with the realm then you only have to really worry about your own curiosity. My exploring is what gets me killed the most over the years, and even though I've been playing for damned near 10 years... I still find new things to do and new ways to die. Shocked

Anyway, enjoy your stay and if you need any guidance, post away. The community here is extremely helpful and pretty tight knit.

Anonymous

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> DreamScapes MMORPG

View next topic
View previous topic