DreamScapes MUD

DreamScapes MUD: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> Tales of Adventure
Message Author
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 4:38 am  

*And so it was that the Centaur and the Gnome wandered through the forest making small talk, creeping ever closer to the Infernal Mage's evil desires and the Mound of Stones deep in Centaur Wood.*
The sun began to set on the horizon signalling the end of another day in the woods south of Kelrath, and the shadows of the night crept out from their black hiding places between the trees.
The Centuar and the Infernal Mage stopped short of their destination and rested amongst a circle of stones briefly. The centaur removed a leather waterskin from its haunches and took a quick drink,"Perhaps you would care to spend the night in our village as night is not a favorable time for small gnomes to journey home." he said turning his head to make eye contact with Verschus.
The Mage smiled warmly and replied, "Not at all centaur I am more than accustomed to the cold of night. Hell, I welcome the dark of night that I may see my brothers and hide from my enemies."
"Whatever comforts your heart young mage." The centaur shrugged and pointed ahead, "There it is in all it's glory, the great Mound of Stones where a hero of ours is buried. There is a guard here, but I am sure he will be more than happy to have visitors."
A brown haired centaur wearing some strange furry armwraps stopped the two of them and asked, "What is he doing here?"
"He is a visitor and is travelling through our wood to the Mound of Stones that he may survive the night and return home at daybreak." the powerful looking centaur answered the guard dismissively.
"Ahh..." the guard sighed and continued, "It has been such a long time since we have had visitors. Come stranger, we would hear of your tales and break bread with you!"
The last rays of the sun glimmered off of the eyes of the Infernal Mage like blood red rubies, "Indeed, but would you care if I......relieved myself before we continue?"
"Not at all, we shall await your return." the powerful looking centaur said before the guard could mutter a word.
With a dismal nod, the little gnome wandered off into the wood and began to chant something in a strange and forgotten language. After his business had concluded, the Mage returned to find the guard and the powerful looking centaur resting on their haunches around a strange looking cairn in the middle of the Mound of Stones. "Welcome back! Our leader is on her way and is much enthused to hear of your travels." The powerful looking centaur reached into a sack on its back and removed a maroon loaf of bread with an odd smell. "This is the bloodloaf, we centaur celebrate our ancestors and new beginnings by breaking this bread with new members of our clan." He broke a piece off and continued, " I am known as Morstell, wandering nomad, last survivor of the Stell clan. Gaea be with you!" Morstell handed the loaf to the guard.
"I am known as Trellech, slayer of the 7 tailed fox of the deep wood. Gaea serve you well!" Trellech the guard threw the loaf to a dark haired centaur coming from the wood.
"I am Estachell! Servant of Gaea, protector of this wood, and Queen of the Centaur. Gaea bless you abundantly!" Estachell savored the morsel of bloodloaf she shoved into her mouth for a few seconds and handed it to Verschus.
The Mage grabbed the loaf and said with an evil cackle, "I am Verschus Deratrophy, Magus Infernicus, servant of Belial, student of the Mages' and this will be the last time you eat anything save for maggots and worms that pilfer your rotting corpses!"
A rustling in the trees surrounding the Mound of Stones sounding like the dark army of Belial grew louder and the Infernal Mage shouted,"CLONES, TO ME!"
Estachell drew a gnarled staff and uttered a primal snarl, "Be forewarned foolish servant of Belial, we will DESTROY you!"
Verschus ran out from the woods time and time again until the Mound of Stones was filled with countless gnomes as Trellech and Morstell stood to their feet and drew their weapons.
"How will we tell which one he is?" screamed Morstell in panic as the horde of Mage's began chanting....
*The Centaur's lives were in obvious peril and the many Verschus' chanting drowned out the last sounds of the forest as the sun disappeared and darkness descended once more upon the land.*

Last edited by Anonymous on Thu May 25, 2006 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 8:09 am  

Nice stories and a very pleasant change from all the DS drama! Keep up the good posts!

Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:15 pm  

Awesome, although I must admit there are a couple of old high school english teachers of mine that would beg to differ.
Also, I now have a better grasp on the history of centaurs in this realm; thus the editing.
Thanks Sapphar Wink

Anonymous

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> Tales of Adventure

View next topic
View previous topic