DreamScapes MUD

DreamScapes MUD: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> Tales of Adventure
Message Author
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:21 am  

I came to this realm recently after searching for many years now for my lost younger brother. I have heard various rumours that he is here in this realm (or was), but I still cannot seem to find him.

The worst part of this is that I am not even sure by what name he is known nowadays, so I guess I should describe what I know of him...

He is a half-elf of around 35 years of age, with blonde hair and blue eyes. The reason we lost touch is that his father, my step-father, didn't want him around and so forced our mother to abandon him as a baby to the wolves of the forest. This was not as bad it may sound, as my the wolves around our village had always been treated with great respect and honour by the villagers, as they appeared to be endowed with uncommon patience, intelligence and understanding of the humanoid peoples, so our mother knew that he would be well taken care of by these wolves.

During my travels, searching for him, I have found many traces of his survival in various realms and worlds, so I have great hope that he does still survive, somewhere.

I seek him because I carry family news for him (which I prefer to tell him in person when I see him, rather than tell everyone, and so maybe give any enemies he may have amunition to use against him in some way), but it is vital that I find him as quickly as possible now, as time passes quickly.

If you know of a person that may answer this description, could you please let me know as soon as possible, so that I may seek them out and hopefully find my lost brother?

Thank you in advance for any aid given to me in this personal quest of mine.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:32 am  

Lupus?

What in the names of all the Gods are you doing here? Why do you search for me? I had thought the family had abandoned me forever?

I am the brother you seek. You are lucky to have caught me actually, as I have been travelling extensively in recent months, and was just about to embark upon another journey for some time.

What news to you carry? You know that the family is dead to me since father and mother abandoned me, so what news could possibly be of interest to me now? (Unless the cantancerous old git is finally dead - I can hope! Evil or Very Mad ).

It would be good to catch up with you brother, as I know you had little or nothing to do with the decision leading to my abandonment, but still it will be painful for me to see you again too, as it will only remind me of that time in my life that I prefer to forget.

I have made a good new life here in this realm and you are welcome to join me in my fortunes here if father has finally got to you too now.

Please let me know what it is you need of me? Fear not of making the reasons public, as I am capable of dealing with anything anyone who may consider me an enemy may decide to try and throw against me.

Once again, it is good to hear that you are safe and well Very Happy

Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:43 am  

Ecarg!

It's so good to hear from you, after all these lost years! And so quickly too (why did I not think of posting this appeal earlier and saving myself a lot of running around in trying to find you? Shocked )

The news that I carry is that you are free and welcome to return to our village again, at long last! Your father is dead (I take it from your comment that this is no ill news for you) and mother needs you with her again now. She only waited until he was gone before seeking reconciliation with you, because you know how much power he had over her, and she did not wish for the other children to suffer at his hand in retribution against her going against his demands.

I know that you probably feel no sense of obligation for the family, after the way you were treated, but please remember that noone else wanted what happened to you. It was all down to your father - you know how he was... a twisted individual with some very strange beliefs and ideas.

Please, I beg of you, return to our village, and seek out our mother, as she grieves at the loss of your presence and longs to be reunited with you at long last. She had no choice in her actions, so please do not hold her accountable for the actions of your father.

You also have new brothers and sister who long to meet their brother, of whom they have all heard so much.

Please, I beg of you, in the names of all the Gods, please return and seek reconciliation with mother?

Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:52 am  

Can it really be true? Is the tyrant that dared to call himself my father finally resting in the Hells? Twisted Evil

Very well, if this is indeed true, then I will seek out the village of my birth again and speak to mother about things.

Although I hated father for what he made mother do to me, I know it was not her fault. He held a great deal of power over her, but now that he is gone, maybe we may finally find reconciliation. Very Happy

Please allow me a day or so to set my affairs in order in this realm? I shall appeal to the immortals of this realm to transfer ownership of everything I own here for you to take care of.

I notice that you are a priest of Gaea? Please do me the favour of looking after the rangers of this realm (of which I am proud to be one), as they have been my family since arriving here, and I owe them so much? If Jarai or any other ranger needs help, please will you help them in my name?

As I already said, I was already preparing to embark upon a journey anyway, so there is little for me to still take care of here, except to arrange the transfer of ownership of the Lair, my home, to yourself. Once this is done, I will set out and seek mother out at long last.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:19 am  

I have now put all my affairs in order in this realm, and have transferred the ownership of the Lair to you, my brother. I am ready to embark upon my journey back to our village.

Fare well in this realm brother, and may the Gods treat you as well here as they have done me.

Please pass my appologies to those friends I did not get a chance to say farewell to in person and treat everyone and everything in this realm with the respect they deserve. Cool

I will give your love to mother when I see her again.

Anonymous

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> Tales of Adventure

View next topic
View previous topic