DreamScapes MUD

DreamScapes MUD: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> Tales of Adventure
Message Author
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:23 am  

I hereby issue a challenge to all story tellers. This challenge is simple but requires thought and skill to pull off well.

The rules are as follows:

1. The tale must be well written (it must have an actual plot) and legible (which means that it must have at least half-way decent grammar and spelling, use a program with spell check if it is available).

2. The tale must take place in DS II without references to DS I characters or events. I know that it will be hard to set in a story in a place that you have not had a chance to fully explore ( I say that because Keltrath has probably changed tremendously since last year) but it is a challenge that a truely good writer will be able to meet head on.

With the rules for this little challenge (and maybe competition, though I feel hard pressed to come up with a reward that would make sense for the winner) outlined above I say get writting.

Oh, and before I go I would like to offer a bit of creative advice: We all have brand new character's with backgrounds ripe for exploration...

Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:09 pm  

Great idea for our new Tales of Adventure forum. It is time to move on and leave old personalities behind you ....

Any tales posted in this forum with reference to DS1 events or characters will be deleted.

(the old tales are not lost and will be available on this site in an archive ... so do not panic)

Melleth Cool

Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:44 pm  

so no tales of legend or whatever? i wanted to write one for Tark eventually. he was around for all of 1.5, and a lot happened Cool

Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:58 pm  

Nice idea, though i wouldn't mind reading more of the tales from Kaid and the other old players.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:03 pm  

So, are you talking about an actual adventure with what DS II has now.. or forseeing what it has and making up your own adventure? I could make up a long boring story about the couple of rooms we have now, or I could pretend I know what is to come..

Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:04 pm  

Personally I don't care what the tales are like. I am personally going to write one very soon takes place in a distant LP guild and which takes place back when the first Holy Avenger was forged and which leads up to Sehaelas ten years ago.

The point of my challenge is to get people away from the comfort and security of all of their old characters and adventures and to force them out onto the road of adventure and get them to focus in on the new world of DS II.

To be honest, the only reason that I actually bothered to post this because I am tired of reading all of the stories about Harami, Llysandriad, Ikho, Tark, Makosen, etc. (not that I have anything against them but after awhile a person gets kind of bored with stories that have similar plots and all of the same characters).

What I am trying to say is that my little challenge only has one point and that is to get people to let go of their old characters. I miss some of my old character's too and to be honest I am fully intending on bringing one of them to life in a way that I could not have done in DS I due to the fact that the politics of the realms had already been established.

Write your stories however you choose to write them; they can be a series of glimpses of the effect that one group of people has had on the establishment of certain areas or organizations (such as the story that I am working on about the Knighshear family and how they affected the growth of the LP guild in various area's outside of the realms as well as within) or they can be detailed accounts of a character's life prior to arriving in the realms or they can be tales written about adventures that have yet to occur. Just write them with passion, with feeling, and without ties to the lost realm of DS I.

Farewell and good luck.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:15 pm  

well, like i said, i never ACTUALLY wrote one... but i wanted too Wink

Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:18 am  

Oooo a LP guy... I'm not alone anymore Very Happy

Anonymous

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> Tales of Adventure

View next topic
View previous topic