DreamScapes MUD

DreamScapes MUD: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> Tales of Adventure
Message Author
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:03 am  

Thousands of years ago in the desert town of Myshaud, there was a young priest. This priest worshipped all deities without favoritism. For many years he walked the land preaching of the deities and their wonders, converting many people to priesthood. One day the deities’ were very angry, they summoned the priest to the Holy City. There amongst the splendor of the gods he stood in awe. He looked at them one by one, before he began to speak, but they silenced him.

Lutyre stood. “Child, we are concerned. You must worship one and only one of us with your entire being. We can no longer allow you to worship us all equally.”

The priest replied, “I do not understand, have I been biased in some way? Have I been unjust in my ways?”

Belial stood. “It is unheard of for anyone to worship all the deities. You must chose one and only one of us to worship until the end of your days.” He glowered at Lutyre, then sat back down.

The priest spoke again, “I do not understand… I cannot worship one of you more than the other.”

Tygona stood, “Then choose the path of balance, we teeter in all three realms, but you must worship one and only one of us.” Looking from side to side she sat back down.

The priest maintained his look of confusion and uncertainty, but knelt and begin praying for guidance and understanding. This caused a ruckus amongst the gods. They looked down upon the praying mortal and began bickering amongst themselves: Asha’Ra and the other deities of darkness lashing out against those of Light. ‘Ra and those of Light throwing accusations back at those of darkness. Swords were raised and the fighting broke out. Osiris and the other neutral deities began attempting settle the fighting down but only caused more chaos. When the fighting finally slowed, the priest lay in a puddle of blood.

Gaea stepped forward and resurrected the priest returning him to his body, only to find that Belial and actually slain him. The spirit was returned to a husk of a body, something that could not be considered living, Gaea had inadvertently turned him into a zombie priest. The priest was enraged, he cursed the deities for their callousness and fruitless bickering. He renounced them all and recalled himself from the Holy City to the forest of Nosfer.

The forest was once a beautiful forest, teeming with life. The monkeys swung from vines, many different kinds of fish swam in the swamp, frogs played on the lily pads and many types of birds flew through the trees. But the priest brought with him undeath and plague. It chased off many creatures and those that didn’t flee were transformed into creatures of death themselves. He settled down into a hovel within the swamp and began to brew malevolence and violence, a vat of death so to speak. He learned many new spells on his own, and grew strong amidst the ever-darkening forest.

Once his powers reached their peak, he conjured creatures of his own; those that would secure his forest and protect him from the gods themselves. He called forth a deadly forest predator, one that not many see and live to tell about. His eyes are yellow with a dark center, his body the color of the forest floor, his mouth lined with several rows of teeth and fangs. It is equipped with some of the deadliest venom in the entire realm, and the priest released it to patrol and protect him from all that wander into his forest. The alligators that patrol the swamp came from the brew, and the wolves that roam, scouts for the forest predator. The dark spiders, large enough to capture and eat the birds that flew the canopies crawled from the vat.

The priest was satisfied with his work, and settled into the swamp to meditate and recover his strength. Weeks passed, then months. The forest turned dark and sinister, the priests’ powers grew stronger still the longer he meditated. He learned more tricks and spells, then one day he emerged once more from the perilous swamps of the Nosfer forest. His skin was falling off, months of caked mud were stuck to the attached skin, and mold and decay grew all over his body. He trudged towards Nosfer where he settled into a shack outside of town. He decided that the gods were of no use to him any longer and he had ceased to be a priest a long time ago, and called himself the Zombie Mage.

To this day, he resides within his little shack, growing ever stronger in his powers, awaiting the chance to slay any that would cause him grief or give him reason to attack them. His eyes shoot fire from them, his mouth spews venom, his staff shakes the earth torturing the flesh, and his wand burns the soul. So when you wander the forests of Nosfer and the outskirts of town. Beware the Predator that protects it and the Zombie Mage that resides there. They are a force to be reckoned with, even said to rival the strength of the gods.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:53 am  

Great story!!!

I can read this to my kid when he gets older.

Anonymous

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> Tales of Adventure

View next topic
View previous topic