DreamScapes MUD

DreamScapes MUD: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> Tales of Adventure
Message Author
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:53 am  

The sun pelted down through the glass, beam after beam bouncing off the pavement, heating up the small sanctuary. The stain glass seemed to act like an amplifier, which made the sweat trickle down the priestess' neck. She took a deep breath knowing this would be a long one, and knelt down to pray. She kept a strict schedule, Sundays she would fast, to keep her strong and true, and everyday she knelt at the altar for forgiveness and strength. The sweltering heat of the temple, caused her to falter today, her hands unclasped reaching for her handkerchief, her bowed head dipping to wipe the sweat from her brow. Wadding it in her hands, she settle in to pray again, but a sudden gust of wind caused her to quickly turn, but there was nothing in the small temple. She gazed up at the window, nothing... in the pews, nothing, kneeling she looked under them, still nothing. Turning back to the altar with a sigh, she saw it... a beautiful white dove standing upon the altar. She stood motionless, uncertain of what to think.

"One of the purists animals of the earth, what a lucky day this is," she whispered softly.

Approaching the dove, she held out her hand and beckoned the bird to her. "Such a wonder creature you birds are..." she squinted a little as it seemed to shine brighter the longer she looked at it, until it was blindingly white.

**Child, what are you doing here? You pray to me daily, you fast on the day of rest. You keep the garden...** the voice seemed to echo through the temple and at the same time come from every direction not only the white light that once was a dove.

"I... honor this temple by such actions, I was raised here and there are not many left to do the th..."

**Dear one, there are always others to do the tending, the elderly, the youthful. You are wasting away the gifts that I have given you. Go now, be a light in the darkness. For those that do not know me, be a preacher, to those that do, strengthen them with your faith, and to those that seek to destroy those of light...** a serious tone of purity rang in his words, **...Purge the darkness from their soul.**

The priestess knelt and bowed her head thankful for the guidance she had just received. She closed her eyes and whispered, "Thank you," but before the words were out of her mouth there was another gust of wind and the dove, the light, Lutyre's presence, was gone. She stood, with renewed faith, knapsack in hand, ceremonial robes donned, and dagger sheathed, she walked the path to a new life, in a different land, a life of trials and tribulations that she must face and must overcome...

Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:37 pm  

Beautiful. I will marry you, Amico

Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:45 pm  

Upon the path she trod, her knapsack in hand, stopping only to sleep and for a brief moment to conjure a spring to drink from and food from the heavens to eat.

She came upon a village, though not like she had ever seen. The houses were very small, everything was dwarfed in comparison to what she was used to. And there not 15 paces from her was a dwarven female. She came up only to about her waist and had the deepest dark black hair and eyes as gray as stones that have been washed over in a spring. She held but a sword and shield, both terribly flimsy looking from this distance, but one thing was for certain she was a gaurdian of this village. Her eyes penetrated, glaringly, into the young priestess’.

Unsure about how to go about meeting a ‘dwarf’, she cleared her throat and softly spoke, “I am just a traveler on the road to no particular destination, I have traveled far and only wish to learn and preach to this little village.”

The dwarven female was very far away and the soft spoken priestess’ words were lost in the wind. She turned and quickly covered the distance between them in what seemed like several bounds, though probably a brisk run for the drawf. Placing her sword up against the Priestess’ throat she commanded, “Who are you, and why are you here?” Her piercing eyes left no room for anything else.

Amico patiently repeated herself knowing that if Lutyre had set her on this path, he would not forsake her. The dwarf snickered a little as she heard the religious woman speak again.

“All you clergy are the same, peace, talk, preach… Blabber. How empowered you are from your dieties and how much they ‘give’ to you. And yet, we do just fine here in the village with NO religion, NO god, just hard work and guardians, like me.” The dwarf lowered her sword and hesitated on the sheath, then decided to keep it drawn, shield at the ready. “Make your stay here short, we don’t take well to religious people, those that do have long since left.” A slight snort came from the dwarf before she turned and started to go.

The priestess called upon her ability to see auras and ethos in others, in time to see that most of the dwarves in this town, including the female before here were all clouded in a gray mist of uncertainty. Lutyre had guided her here, she was certain. “I will stay here until I am called to go else where. They call me Amico where I am from, it means friend of the people. I am here to be a friend to your people.” She extended her hand in a offering of peace and trust, perhaps these people haven’t seen faith before. She would make it a point to show hers.

The dwarf looked over her shoulder and snorted again, “Just stay out of my way and let me do my job, protect my brethren, go make friends with someone else.” She turned and began her patrol of the village ‘streets’ once more.

The priestess sighed to herself and headed for a small patch of green towards the villages center, maybe she would find friendlier faces….

Anonymous

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> Tales of Adventure

View next topic
View previous topic