DreamScapes MUD

DreamScapes MUD: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> DreamScapes MMORPG
Message Author
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:10 am  

Vydon wrote:
Off the top of my head -

Is there a disclaimer or some sort of warning to that new (returning) player, pertaining to the issues at hand with the multiple name use corruption for the website? If the issues at hand are not fixable, then perhaps some sort of precaution should be taken to help prevent another player from experiencing this shortcoming.

I would see it fitting as this is one of those things that could really piss a person off - perhaps even leading to them leaving our game - especially without any warning. And people leaving is something we don't really need all too much, at least in the current situation.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:18 am  

I'll ellaborate a bit on this.

What happens is that when you create on DreamScapes game your character is simultaneously created on this web site. The creation on the web site uses the standard web site code. This web site code has protection built in that prevents rapid deletion and recreation of the same account, which sounds reasonable in any scenario.

Thus, if a character on the game deletes and recreates rapidly (rerolling) then the chances are high that they miss the creation step on the site.

My options are to redo the web code (not likely!), redo DS code to add a lag (tricky) or have no sympathy for these rerollers (very likely!).

I suppose a good plan would be for people to check that the web site account is created succesfully before they continue deep into the game. Maybe I could write code to sanity check this and report back to the player that the site account was created OK - this just occured to me and seems quite achievable.

For now, assume no such code exists and be careful to check the site account .....

Implementor of DreamScapes 2 
Melleth

Implementor
Implementor

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:44 pm  

Melleth fixed me! THANK YOU MELLETH! Very Happy

- Troatlan

Anonymous

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> DreamScapes MMORPG

View next topic
View previous topic