DreamScapes MUD

DreamScapes MUD: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> Tales of Adventure
Message Author
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:10 am  

Well...
I can't connect to DS for some reason, so here's a short tale on a dragon I've never seen.

Me, Balmont, Evelana, Torbere and Aikmen were all hunting in Lasentrop fighting castle guards.
It was an odd group to say the least....
Chock full of conversation and progress at the same time.
3 priests, the Fighter GM and the Ranger GM.

Anyway, we were fighting a castle guard when (of course) another one arrived from the east and assisted. No problems there, we got three priests right?
Then another guard arrives, and another guard and another guard.....
Well you see where this is going.

We're sitting there fighting way too many guards and they start to get the better of us. Evelana attempts to recall and rifts some strange dragon I've never seen called Zreia...or something close to that.
I didn't stay long enough to examine it.
Luckily enough we killed the first castle guard, and we were all able to leave safely.

A new dragon? Anyone ever seen it before?
None of us had... Idea

Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:00 am  

An unknown dragon wasn't the only strange thing that happened during that hunt Shocked Wink

Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:20 am  

Right, every time Torbere removed his pants, the shrine crumbled to dust. Laughing

After the group had dispersed later that evening, I wanted to take care of said dragon. Upon further inspection I learned the dragon was really a young dragon, and decided to fight him alone. With just one quick stab to the heart of the dragon, it fell to the ground, and it all felt much more safe in Lasentrop once again.

//Aikmen\

Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:55 am  

It seemed not terribly powerful, as it didn't kill me when I rifted it. Regardless, *Claps for Aikmen* good job at ridding the realm of it.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:18 am  

Wow, strange...

You'd think a NAMED dragon, would be well.....something to be feared?

I've never seen it myself...But I've never been ALL the way through Dragon Spyre...might be around there some place?

But outside of that, there are strange creatures running around that barely anybody sees (WHO are the spectral pirates, anyway?!) in weird corners of the realm. And there seem to be "rift exclusive" mobs meant just for the casters to summon accidently.

The dragon being weak reminds me of running into Yarim, the Great Hero, who beat the royal crap out of me and almost killed me, yet died when hit with a SINGLE arrow shot by Zain.

Speaking of "rift exclusive" there seems to be a zone JUST for casters to die in and lose all their gear....

It's called "A pocket of fyre" it's a repeating zone, no recall, no tell, no gossip, and no exit. You receive room damage from either standing around or moving around, and once dead, no choice but to use an altar to get your things back. As if casters need MORE ways to die.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:48 am  

Rifts do seem to pull in beings from strange places. I can honestly say I have never seen anything I have rifted before. I hope I don't rift into this pocket of fyre you refer to. That would suck. Not quite as much as dying and not being able to retrieve your corpse because you can't get back into the game *twiddles her thumbs*

Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:35 am  

On a past character, I've rifted the First Mate from the Spectral Pirateship Very Happy

Now THAT was a cool fight Smile Not hard, just a very cool fight. Possibly the first group to kill a Spectral Pirate!

Anonymous

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DreamScapes MUD Forum Index -> Tales of Adventure

View next topic
View previous topic